9.11.06

Great CG DVD - Exterior Lighting


Lighting is one of the most important aspects of a 3d rendering...espeically if you are trying to photorealistic.

For architectural visualizations like the ones I do, the best program for this in my opinion is Vray. You can get beautiful results in relatively small rendering times. The fairly new Maxwell render (www.maxwellrender.com) seems to be a very competitive renderer as well, although there has been some complaint of long render times. The end results of Maxwell are fantastic.

Vray is made by chaos group, and it is pretty cheap. You can even download a limited version for free.

With my renderings I use Vray almost exclusively for the lighting and rendering of my scenes. All my materials are usually Vray as well.

For those not familiar with Vray, I would recommend downloading the free version from chaos group, then purchasing the Vray tutorials from the gnomon workshop. The link for gnomon is in the sidebar of my page. The DVDs are by Christopher Nichols, and my favorite one is the "Exterior Lighting" tutorial. You won't be disappointed. With Vray free and this DVD, you will be ready to have photoreal lighting in no time.

Coming up soon I will post my presets for Vray renders and lights, plus some other lighting basics.

No comments: